It was that game that sparked Foles to beat Brady in another category this offseason: licensed merchandise sales from March 1 through May 31. Here’s the entire top 10, via the NFLPA:
- Nick Foles, QB, Philadelphia Eagles
- Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots
- Carson Wentz, QB, Philadelphia Eagles
- Saquon Barkley, RB, New York Giants
- Dak Prescott, QB, Dallas Cowboys
- Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers
- Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Dallas Cowboys
- Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, San Francisco 49ers
- Odell Beckham Jr., WR, New York Giants
- Derek Carr, QB, Oakland Raiders
This is hardly surprising considering Foles is forever a legend in Philadelphia. You can’t go wrong buying the jersey of the Eagles’ first Super Bowl MVP.
It’s pretty cool to see both Foles and Wentz in the top three of a list like this. It’s just not often, if ever, that you’d see two quarterbacks on one team that are both so popular.
Four other Eagles players finished in the top 50: Zach Ertz at 13, Alshon Jeffery at 33, Brandon Graham at 34, and Fletcher Cox at 46. All good choices. This marks the first time Graham and Cox have appeared on this list. (Former Eagles running back LeGarrette Blount also made his top 50 debut by coming in at 49. I’d wager that’s not all Lions gear!)
Here are some more merchandise notes from the NFLPA.
- Running back Saquon Barkley sold the most jerseys of any playerby a wide margin. Following Barkley in the top 10 was Carson Wentz, Tom Brady, Nick Foles, Dak Prescott, Aaron Rodgers, Jimmy Garoppolo, Ezekiel Elliott, Derek Carr and Marcus Mariota.
- Tom Brady (#1) led all players in youth jersey sales from adidas, Outerstuff, Fanatics and Nike, followed by Saquon Barkley, Carson Wentz, Odell Beckham Jr., Jimmy Garoppolo, Antonio Brown, Rob Gronkowski, Sam Darnold, Von Miller and Russell Wilson.
- Tom Brady, Ezekiel Elliott, Nick Foles, Odell Beckham Jr. and Carson Wentz collectively led sales in licensed headwear from LIDS and New Era.
- Philadelphia fans supported their team on the road to a championship – and retail dominance. Eleven players among the top 15 best-sellers of bobbleheads from Forever Collectibles were Eagles.
- For Philadelphia Eagles teammates Nick Foles and Carson Wentz, pictures are worth more than a thousand words as fans powered the duo to #1 and #2, respectively, in photo products by Photo File and Highland Mint.
- Tom Brady, Odell Beckham Jr., Carson Wentz, Antonio Brown and Ezekiel Elliott were fan favorites in sales of removable wall decals from Fathead.