It’s a pretty common occurrence for fans and analysts to make bold predictions about a game or season. If the prediction doesn’t come true, then that’s OK – you said it was bold! If it DOES come true, though… now you look like a genius!
So in that spirit, some of the Canal Street Chronicles writers were asked to share with me a bold prediction or two for the New Orleans Saints’ first playoff round game of the NFL: a divisional round matchup against the Philadelphia Eagles. This is their chance to look brilliant!
Here are a few of the bold predictions provided by some of the contributors at Canal Street Chronicles:
- Brees goes off – Drew Brees passes for over 400 yards in the game. (Bob)
- Deuce Deuce goes for deuce – Mark Ingram scores two touchdowns. (Butler)
- Turnover Machine – Saints defense gets to interceptions, one for a pick-six. (Chase)
- Here’s one way – Demario Davis and Marcus Williams each get a pick. (Bob)
- Here’s another – Marcus Williams gets two interceptions in his return to the divisional round. (Brenden)
- UDFA Bounceback – Dan Arnold scores a touchdown. (Chase)
- WR duo dominance – Michael Thomas and Ted Ginn Jr each go over 100 receiving yards. (Bob)
Here are my three bold predictions for the game:
- Marcus Williams gets a pick-six.
- The Eagles fail to sack Brees the entire game.
- Mark Ingram individually has triple the total rushing yards of the entire Eagles team.
So there are some of our bold predictions for the game. What are yours?